Getting Here is Easy but Leaving is Hard
Individuals who might be contemplating becoming a member of our clothes free club are welcome to visit up to 3 times during our Open Season, weekends and holidays, from April through October.
The 3 visits give you a chance to get to know the members and see if the facilities, events, hiking trails, and natural surroundings appeal to you enough to want to be a part of our Club.
Visitors are required to register at the office with a photo I.D. Our office is open for registration from 10 A.M. to 5 P.M. on those days. If you are an AANR member, you will need to bring a valid AANR membership card to eligible for the discounted AANR gate fees.
For first time visitors, after you check in, you will be given a tour by a designated member of Sequoians. After 3 visits, individuals who wish to continue visiting must decide to become a member of our club. The office staff will have the applications available for you.
AANR/INF members who wish to request camping privileges when the Club is closed need to contact the office in advance. During the week when the office is closed leave a phone message or email us using the form on the Contacts Us page. Messages and email are checked weekly.
We are located at 10200 Cull Canyon Road, Castro Valley, CA 94552, accessible from I580 and I680.
What to bring
- If this is your first visit to The Sequoians, you’ll need to bring a picture ID.
- If you´re an AANR or other affiliated member, bring your membership card.
- A towel as it is nudist etiquette to have a towel to sit on.
- Sun block – we recommend you bring one strong enough for the areas that have not been privy to the sun’s rays before. Children should have an extra strong waterproof sun block.
- Hat and sunglasses, especially if you are sun sensitive.
- A cover-up, wrap or sweatshirt/jacket for chilly days/nights or when you’ve had too much sun.
- Flip flops or sandals for the pool area.
- If you are a hiker, many of our trails are in sunny areas. Make sure to bring plenty of water for your hike. Bring clothing to cover up when passing through public property on the trails.
- Any shoes or athletic equipment you will need for hiking, playing paddle tennis, or volleyball.
- A light travel bag to carry your towel and other personal items (such as shampoo, lotions).
- A book, game or other forms of leisure activities.
- Beverages and food as there is no restaurant at the club.
- Alcohol is allowed, but please use moderation and common sense. Glass bottles or containers are not allowed in the pool and hot tub areas.
- Food for the Saturday night pot luck.
- Leave your camera at home. We strongly restrict cameras to certain areas and by registration only. In any circumstance, it’s NOT something to bring on an initial visit.